Go Back to Top
- 2003: Construction of an 85MW HFO-fired power plant at Limbe, 2006 financing of an investment program to boost generating capacity and improve electricity services;
- Total Transaction Size: 2003 –US$ 90m, 2006 –EUR 240m;
- Sponsor: AES;
- Co Financiers: FMO, EIB, IFC, AfDB, Proparco, DEG and BEAC;
- EAIF Role: Arranger (2003); Co-Lender (2006);
- Additionality: in 2003 EAIF arranged a corporate facility of US$ 60m, in 2006 provided bridge financing to allow other institutions to join the transaction at a later stage as part of a new CAPEX program.